This picture will make sense in a minute (I know.)
So, an interesting story from the other night is that I thought someone had broken into the house. It was about 2:45 A.M. and, being a light sleeper, I was woken by a kind of clanging noise that was either just outside of the garage or in the basement. I forgot temporarily that I was not the only person in the house, that Mr. B’s mom was asleep across the hall, and my half-awake mind raced through the possibilities.
The burglar/rapist was downstairs, could be upstairs in a couple of minutes, and my door was unlocked and partly open. But if I got up to lock the door, he would know where to find the people in the house. What should I do?
The clanging sound, kind of like the sound of a garage door closing, happened again, twice.
Panicking, I remembered that I had eaten yogurt the night before, and that I left the spoon up in my room. I rolled over slightly and picked up the spoon, clutching it. I would scoop my attacker’s eyes out.
The next thing I knew, it was morning, and I was still asleep with a spoon in my hand. I am not used to living in a townhome where you can hear the neighbors’ garage opening and closing.
- Love, love, this immigrant girl story.
- Oh boy.
- The world of sheikh romance novels
- I didn’t know other people didn’t know I wasn’t pregnant.
- Why get married?
- Did you know you can bribe your way to American citizenship?
- Sad bookshelf is sad
- What, you don’t want this calendar?
- Things I plan to do soon
- Hip-hop explanation of currency wars
- Globe time! (if you have $300)
- <3 <3 <3
- On equality and diversity (p.s. congrats on getting knocked up, Scary Azeri!)
- An actual house for sale
- Very cute
- This is also cute, but not cute in the perjorative sense of the word
- Why is Gubbi so cool?
- I like it when I can reaffirm my life-altering decision of leaving my lovely DC through complete strangers’ comments on a blog post.