I have a MASSIVE list of links for you this week. Something else might be massive this weekend, because Mr. B and I are doing taxes.
From le blogs:
- Happy Ada Lovelace Day! from the Harpies
- Why Eastern Europeans don’t smile, from ExpatHarem AND, thanks to that, I found a new blog I’ll be following: Scary Azeri!
- An interview with STFU Parents founder B (includes placentas!)
- Zolotoy telenok (or, The Little Golden Calf) from Languagehat
- Now Ruz in Almaty, Kazakhstan (yay, spring!) from NewEurasia
- Why Ben and Jerry’s Free cone day isn’t worth it from Economists do it with Models
And, I don’t know what it is in the water, but everyone is blogging about things I’ve been thinking about recently. Grace described my sentiments exactly about wandering around, and a post about hating Gen Y blogs from Derek, which I agree with 100%. (which is probably ironic, given what he’s talking about.)
From les internets:
- Why Africa is the next Afghanistan, from Bill Easterly
- Russia sucks again. What’s new?
- Sectarianism in Lebanon (my favorite link of the week)
- Bride and Groom from Waiter Rant
- God does not want Russians to enjoy Ikea
- Free Cone Day at Ben and Jerry’s with bonus Jewish puns
- Which countries do Americans like? (also with quality puns)